Here are typical installation guidelines for the ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane by having a 8-pin generator wiring harness.
Note: For action 7 you will need to buy 14-gauge wire that is electrical the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to prevent disruption of shore energy solution during installation and assessment of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 cables in your generator wiring harness.
Make use of a tape or label to mark each cable and that means you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
On a normal ONAN 10-pin wiring harness the cables are labeled regarding the harness the following
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Not all the ONAN generators have actually the exact same generator wiring harness connections as some was changed by the dealer or RV maker. Make certain you have actually correctly identified the 4 cables precisely before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to each of this 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track to your Posi-Taps (wiring harness) depending on the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green cable to E STOP
- Red wire to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Remember to connect the wires that are correct the wiring harness even as we utilize red-colored cables more often than once.
On our installation photo we utilized white wires to expand to your harness because of location of y our product. The closer the installation of our product to your wiring harness will help you to make use of the supplied wire that is 4-foot we offer.
- Link the wire that is red the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to a single part regarding the enable switch utilizing the provided Posi-Lock or even a crimp connector.
- Link the next red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another part of this enable switch. The other end with this red cable will sooner or later link to your good battery pack terminal.
- Link the red cable through the enable switch plus the red wire from (L+) in the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the wire that is blackM) regarding the ShorePower track to ground (any steel on your own RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See diagram that is wiring – Transfer Switch Connection):
You need 14-gauge stranded electrical cable for the run from our product to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to at least one region of the 110 Volts from the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter to the center connection (common) from the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their light that is green ON if all of the cables, such as the cables towards the transfer switch, have already been properly connected. .
- To check the machine turn the ENABLE Switch ON and disconnect from coast energy. The green light on the MeanWell goes down and in more or less 20 moments our unit will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for around one minute then re-connect to shore energy and our product will immediately shut-off your generator in more or less 10-12 moments. The green light on the MeanWell can come right right right back on.
SIGNIFICANT NOTE: switching the ALLOW SWITCH On or OFF will not impact the green light on the ShorePower track or MeanWell. In the event that ShorePower track is correctly link along with coast power those two light will be on. The ALLOW CHANGE just allows or disables monitoring.
This is just what a typical set-up will seem like as soon as it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking right right here.