Attention Visitors вЂ“ Crucial Notice!
Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park houses Western Thatch Ants. At the moment of the season these ants are particularly active so please respect these normal bugs and give a wide berth to any unneeded interruption of these houses, that are in the shape of mounds. Please keep all meals sealed and stored away you should definitely being used, and employ garbage and recycling bins to dump waste.
Dogs aren’t allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic pets needs to be on a leash and in order all times.
You might be in charge of their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Animals aren’t allowed into the beach that is day-use regarding the park. Animals are permitted in the coastline right beside the campground between might 1 and February 14, nevertheless they must certanly be for a leash. Please observe posted indications (see park map).
About That Park
Majestic old-growth trees, gorgeous ocean sunsets plus an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville one of many leading getaway locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes nearly a kilometre, supplying a place that is ideal site site visitors of all of the ages to try out when you look at the sand and explore the shoreline. If the tide rolls in on the sand that is sun-baked the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and salt water fun.
Rathtrevor Beach is fantastic for a relaxed household outing. Just stay straight right back and immerse the seaside atmosphere up and take a stroll through the wooded upland area associated with park. All campsites are within a walk that is 5-minute the two km stretch of sandy coastline.
The park additionally features a sizable day-use area, ideal for a day picnic.
Bird watching can also be a favorite activity in the park, especially in the spring whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the herring spawn that is annual. During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can also be one of the better spots from the Island to look at the migrating Brant geese.
Know Prior To Going
- This will be a rather popular park all year-round. Through the summer season (between your a week ago of June and Labour Day in September), reservations are expected. From May 15th to your a week ago of June, reservations are recommended. Although reservations are needed during summer period, unclaimed or sites that are unreserved be accessible on every night to evening foundation. Please seek advice from the park operator.
- Alternate camping area may be around at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). Both these areas additionally accept reservations.
- This park doesn’t have a ship launch. The closest launch reaches French Creek Marina, 8 kilometer north for the park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, team campsite and group picnic shelter reservations needs to be made through Discover Camping.
Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites be first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted only at that park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there are not any first-come, first-served web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the combined team campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Please be aware: Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe not express appropriate boundaries and shouldn’t be employed for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and follow signs to the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe maybe maybe not express legal boundaries and really should not be useful for navigation.
Culture and nature
- History: Rathtrevor got its name through the family that is irish homesteaded about this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 along with his young spouse and infant child. A log was built by them cabin, cleared the land, as well as in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, leaving Elizabeth the farm and five kids. She turned out to be a person that is industrious effectively operating the farm and finally running it being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ ended up being included with supply the campground a far more lyrical name. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and although much changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its importance and beauty will likely to be preserved for the continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: Several types of wildlife is seen when you look at the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and numerous shore and migratory birds that utilize the park area throughout their spring and autumn migrations. The essential famous migratory coast wild birds will be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom utilize the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their springtime migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange [PDF 1.96MB]Disclaimer:This https://hookupwebsites.org/game-of-moans-review/ is maybe maybe not the initial management preparation item. This document was scanned through the initial structure regarding the plan. It could include some formatting changes, though the content is in line with the initial.
Activities Offered At this Park
You can find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are positioned off Rath path simply after dark management building, before you reach the day-use parking lots. These websites are located in a available industry, with picnic tables, fire bands, flush toilets/change building and an innovative new clean section with fresh water. Group web web Sites 5 & 6 are observed later on from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 into the parking that is old 4 area. Group campsites are available from might 12 to October 15. Reservation information В»
Youth team camping fees per are $1/person (6+), with a $50 minimum and $150 maximum night.
See the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping fees per are the bottom price when it comes to website, that is $120.00/group evening site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal fee for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Kiddies under 6 are free!
This park has a sizable day-use/picnic area near the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks as well as an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»